Pages

10.29.2012

A Creek, A Waterfall and Thoughts on Perfectionism








The above are some more photos from our mountain trip.  Again, I still have an overloaded camera of pictures from the past three months waiting to be shared, but I'm just being too much of a perfectionist. (Where as my brain goes something like this: "I must find the most perfect way to file and organize my photos, then research all the photo editing software in the land until I find the most perfect one and finally perfect my usage of it before I put any pictures on my blog.) <--- Crazyland, right?  This is my curse.  My default is to do nothing rather than do something imperfectly.  Turns out, this kind of thinking leads to doing a lot of nothing.

I've learned to recognize this in myself and when the culprit arises force myself stop thinking and just do.  It's scary and exhilarating.  Sometimes I fail.  Sometimes that failure is the groundwork of some bigger and better thing...bigger and better than I could have imagined.  Sometimes it's just a flat out failure, but I live.  And that's what I'm learning, failure, even when there is no greater purpose to it, is okay.  It's a part of life and it's okay.

What a sigh of relief.

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree. Getting into whatever it is and accepting a little failure along the way is the best way to move forward. Enjoy the process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, your photos are amazing! I'd love to go hiking through there.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...